First Holy Communion is received in the second grade here at St. Lucy's Parish. If your child is above the second grade, then they will need to be receiving religious education for a minimum of 2 years before they are able to receive the sacrament.
· Baptismal Certificate
· $50 Communion Fee per child, Checks made to St. Lucy’s. If bringing cash, please make sure exact change is given in an envelope with your child’s name.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE COMMUNION MASS
- Girls wear white dresses (of any length) with sleeves (absolutely no sleeveless, if your daughter has a sleeveless dress she MUST be covered in the church) and white socks or tights. They also wear veils or flower / baby’s breath wreaths in their hair. They don't wear gloves, carry rosary’s or flowers for mass.
- Boys wear sports coats and dress pants or suits of any color. They wear white shirts. They wear dress shoes. They also wear ties of any color. Children will be sitting in the first few pews.
- Parents and family members will be sitting following the children’s pews.
- We have provided a professional photographer to be in the church during the Mass to take a picture of your child (all children’s pictures will be taken when they receive their First Eucharist) and in the Cafeteria after the Mass to take portraits of your child if you wish for a fee.
- NO PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS OR VIDEOGRAPHERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO TAKE PICTURES/RECORD IN THE CHURCH.
- In addition, the priests will be available for pictures after the Mass.